Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Our second Meeting

Five new knitting friends joined us yesterday. Now we are 16 knitters busily knitting hats for charity. Marvelous! We really missed those who were unable to join us again this week. We'll see you next week. The words of Psalm 121 are rolling easily as we speak them together, matching it to our knitting cadence. The Lord does watch over us.

We spent some time discussing where we would like these hats to go. We should follow up on some of these great ideas in the next two weeks so we are ready to make our gifts. I think this project will become truly special for me as I see the little faces the work of our hands will grace. I look forward to that moment.

Yesterday several worked with double-pointed needles to close the top of our hat. I found a nice bit of instruction about working with dpns at knitty.com. Look for a link in the Techniques section of the blog.

When you have your hats finished, wash them and lay them flat to dry and pin them to the bulletin board in the entry of the church. I hope the results of our efforts encourage others to join in the fun.

Thanks for sharing your talents. One of my favorite reflections on yesterday's meeting was watching those who were there the first week teaching the new knitters. Nice!

2 comments:

Peggy Steinbronn said...

I am so glad you started this group. Jeannette Babcock called me about it and I am excited to join the evening group of knitters. I may not be able to come every Monday evening, but will come when I can and of course I can keep knitting and praying at home or wherever I am--I never leave home without a knitting project, so now I can have this one to take along. There is always at least one project in my car.

Peggy Steinbronn

Julie said...

Yes I always have a project along as well. Last night at the Civic Center a woman was knitting during the intermission. My family loved that.